Explanation of what this is

There are hundred's of waiters that call themselves actor's. That guy making your soy frappucino is a musician. You know that because he tell's you almost daily. So from this day forward I will call myself a writer. I may make money on the television and radio but I am choosing to call myself a writer.
From what I can tell in order to call myself a "writer" I need to do one thing.......write

Ive been blessed to have so many jobs from MTV's Headbangers Ball , WCW Wrestling,NASCAR TV & Radio host, Creator of some of the most succesful nightclubs in L.A mainly the CATHOUSE,3 years on Loveline,Talk Radio Host, reality shows from Daisy of Love, Charm School and the Rock of Love Reunions. Ive seen some of my friends become the biggest rock stars in the world. I have interviewed 1000's of the most unique people from sports and entertainment. Ya the boasting is making me sick too.
Ive also lost everything, filed for bankruptcy and had to get a job as a car salesman just to keep the lights on. That is what I do and what I have done but that is not who I am.

One more thing. Kid's or very sensitive folk should not read my blog's just in case I say something a tad risque.



Sunday, January 2, 2011

First blog of 2011 - Look Behind Now look ahead. Now look at me. Im on a horse

3rd day of the NEW YEAR 2011 - So if this whole blog thing I'm starting wasn't confusing enough already let's see if I can throw something else in the mix. As I wrote earlier everything you are reading in red is current,then I post blogs from the past in black. To make it even more confusing I'll even  blog about the future today. The future being 2011which I guess really isn't the future now is it? Today I want to talk about mine and hopefully your to do list of 2011. Let me preface all of this by saying. I do not claim to have all the answers. Actually I'm not sure if I have an answer sometime. I am far from a motivational speaker or life coach. How could I be I am one of the most screwed up folks you will meet. Last year I had an idea to make a list of 35 things to do in 2010. It all started with this blog
12/31/2009 For those of you that really know me you know I can be pretty hard on myself. I'm not one to brag about how great I think I am on television or radio but when it comes to writing I am proud of what I write . I really appreciate your comments .To me writing is far more personal than anything else I do. I pull no punches for better or for worse  I write like I talk and if you ever heard a conversation with a typical ADD nutcase your about to now. I am all over the place. I’ll start writing thinking Im about to tell a story about one topic them somebody jingles some keys by me and I'm on to something new. I hope you can follow me on my many rants. When I began typing the following blog my idea was to tell you why I feel like the “Gluttony” victim of the movie 7 as I finish my last slimy bite of Cinnabun. Who knows where I’ll end up. Try to follow along ok? What is it they say about March?. It comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. 2009 came in like a lion with the Daisy of Love show then went out like a lamb with a screwed up back and flu like symptoms for almost 3 months. During the last few months of 09 I developed Bronchitis and was sick with headaches and the usual feel like crap problems. I went to the Dr several times and was prescribed the gamete of antibiotics. I am not going to start a political debate here but the cost of medicine is way out of hand. Did you know there are prescribed drugs that cost $140 in America and that same drug is, $80 in Canada or a couple bucks in New Delhi. Riddle me that Batman. Needless to say the drugs didnt work. I stayed sick for a long time. Someone suggested oil of oregano. You know I dont go for that hippy homeopathic crap but I gave it a shot.. Tasted like shit even after 4 drops were diluted in half a glass of water. I gave off an odor like a Greek Salad. Slowly I started to feel better. Who knows maybe it was the Oregano maybe it was just time. 

     A little over a month ago I developed Sciatica which is a sharp pain in your back. Many times it travels down to the front of your leg too. I am not a believer of better living through drugs so I didnt want to go the pain pill route. I saw a Chiropractor 2 times. Not only did it not help I dont think Ill ever go see one again. If I want to hear things crack Ill step on a few Pringles. I tried the massage. I’m not a big fan of massages either. One plus is that we live in a society that when a man gets a massage and insists its by a woman the wives and girlfriends have no problem with it. Thank god. Its not a sexual thing I assure you but I never had a massage from a man I wouldnt. Usually a woman would not  be concerned about a another woman massaging her man HOWEVER. No man’s gonna massage my wife. Double standards? No way Its part of the Circle of Life right ? Remember when in the Lion King Simba was in the field missing his father. Mufasa appeared to young Simba as a constellation of stars and I recall him stating that part of the Circle of Life is that every animal has its place and it was not ok for a dude to massage NALA.

You are noticing what I mentioned before about the rambling and detours my writing takes. That was supposed to be a blog regarding then end of 2009 and why we are making this grand to do list. I'll skip ahead to that part. Try to use these guidelines when you make your list. Ok back to New Years Eve 2009

 I decided I would not make a list of New Years Resolutions.  Resolutions can be so vague. They never go into specifics so many times its hard to pinpoint if you really stayed with your resolutions or not. The word  resolution means a firm decision to do or not do something but many times we put down items like Treat my boyfriend better,Exercise more, Get a new job. Its is of my belief that those are not really tangible things to put down. Thats why I made a list. A very strict list, with items that are 100% in my control Here are some of the Resolutions I suggest NOT putting on your list and why they dont work.

  • treat someone better,be more forgiving etc.  What do you exactly mean by better and what if that person becomes a total jackass? Do you keep on trying to treat them better? Too vague

    exercise more?  How much is more ? I suggest putting go to the gym 50 times on your list or jog 100 times. I put run 500 miles. Ive done 10 so far

     Get a better job   Thats not in your control. Oh I know all those “Secret” reading self help books will tell you IT IS IN YOUR CONTROL !!! but is it really ?Is it possible to do everything you can to get that “better job” and nothing will happen ? Sure it is. Case and point NASCAR. I took a few meetings in Charlotte  to discuss working back on television. I know I’m good at it and I think something will come up soon. If it doesnt at least I know I did everything I could. I say you make a list and include write a better resume then add to the list fill out 5 applications for jobs I would prefer to have. Thats 2 right there. Ya put it out there and then at least you know you have done everything you can to get a better job

    Drink less So when do you check that one. Jan 1 2011. Will you count the beers or shots? How about Spend 30 weekends with out drinking.

    Strict huh.
    Any item on your list that uses the word more or less should be changed to a number. Something you can check off. If you choose a number of tasks 20,30  Throw in at least a dozen fun things that you know you will be able to accomplish.Things that are fun. I need to do this because Im a workaholic. Tasks like  Bowl 4 times , Host a Superbowl party, visit my parents, Finish an entire video game

    Let me stop for one second. Your probably saying. Who the hell does Riki think he is.? What all of a sudden I’m some self help guru?. Soon I’ll be pitching a book  or suggest a website to begin building a better you.Hell no. I’m making this shit up as I go. I’m writing this stuff for me. I need to try a different approach for this year. Does it work? Who knows but if you think about it  it probably will. Gayle was all into “The Secret” you would do things like right something you want on a paper and stick it under your pillow. Put the positive thoughts out there bla bla bla. I’m all for positive thinking but. Im going to take the steps needed to MAKE IT HAPPEN- MIH
     
    That was what I posted going into the New Year. It turned out 35 was a tough number and many of my tasks were not completed. I'll explain that in my next BIG ASS BLOG. In the mean time think of 22 things you will do in 2011. Please feel free to comment and spread the word about this blog page. Oh congrats if you read this whole thing

No comments:

Post a Comment